June 19, 2021, Saturday. 1st day of CVPR. Virtual workshop.
Starts at 10 am Eastern Time; 4 pm Europe Time.
Held in conjunction with the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2021.
Welcome to the Third International Workshop on Event-Based Vision!
WATCH HERE all videos! (YouTube Playlist)
|10:00||Welcome and Organization, Video, Slides|
|10:10||SESSION 1||VIDEO OF LIVE SESSION|
(University of Pittsburgh, CMU, Sorbonne)
|Event Computer Vision 10 years Assessment: Where We Came From, Where We Are and Where We Are Heading To. Video, Slides|
(Western Sydney Univ.)
|Neuromorphic Vision Applications: From Robotic Foosball to Tracking Space Junk, Video|
(Australian National Univ.)
|Fusing Frame and Event data for High Dynamic Range Video. Video, Slides, Paper|
(CEO of iniVation)
|High-Performance Neuromorphic Vision: From Core Technologies to Applications, Video|
|11:10||SESSION 2||VIDEO OF LIVE SESSION|
(IMSE-CNM, CSIC and Univ. Seville)
|Event-driven convolution based processing. Video, Slides|
|Routing Events in Two-Dimensional Arrays with a Tree. Video, Slides|
(Johns Hopkins Univ.)
|Learning Spatiotemporal Filters to Track Event-Based Visual Saliency. Video, Slides|
|Towards Asynchronous SLAM with Event Cameras. Video, Slides|
|12:10||Mathias Gehrig||DSEC competition, VIDEO OF LIVE SESSION|
|12:20||Award Ceremony, VIDEO OF LIVE SESSION|
|12:30||Poster session of accepted papers and courtesy presentations|
|Event-based Visual Odometry: A Short Tutorial. Video, Slides|
|S. Tulyakov (Huawei)
D. Gehrig (UZH)
|Time Lens: Event-based Video Frame Interpolation. Video, Slides|
|Back to Event Basics: Self-Supervised Learning of Image Reconstruction for Event Cameras via Photometric Constancy. Video, Slides|
|Spatiotemporal Registration for Event-based Visual Odometry. Video|
|0-MMS: Zero-Shot Multi-Motion Segmentation With A Monocular Event Camera. Video|
|EVPropNet: Detecting Drones By Finding Propellers For Mid-Air Landing And Following. Video|
|Oculi products portfolio. Video, Slides|
|14:00||SESSION 3||VIDEO OF LIVE SESSION|
|Neuromorphic computing hardware and event based vision: a perfect match? Video|
|14:10||Anthony Bisulco, Daewon Lee, Daniel D. Lee, Volkan Isler
(Samsung AI Center NY)
|High Speed Perception-Action Systems with Event-Based Cameras. Video, Slides|
|14:20||Guido de Croon
(TU Delft, Netherlands)
|Event-based vision and processing for tiny drones. Video, Slides|
|Neuromorphic vision for humanoid robots. Video|
|15:00||SESSION 4||VIDEO OF LIVE SESSION|
(Co-founder and CEO of Prophesee)
|From the lab to the real world: event-based vision evolves as a commercial force. Video, Slides|
|Hardware and Algorithm Co-design with Event Sensors. Video, Slides|
(Founder of CelePixel. Will Semiconductor)
|Development of Event-based Sensor and Applications. Video, Slides|
(CEO of Sony AVS)
|Event-Based Computer Vision At Sony Advanced Visual Sensing. Video, Slides|
- v2e: From Video Frames to Realistic DVS Events, and Suppl mat, Video
- Differentiable Event Stream Simulator for Non-Rigid 3D Tracking, and Suppl mat. Video, Slides
- Comparing Representations in Tracking for Event Camera-based SLAM. Video, Slides
- Image Reconstruction from Neuromorphic Event Cameras using Laplacian-Prediction and Poisson Integration with Spiking and Artificial Neural Networks, Video, Slides
- Detecting Stable Keypoints from Events through Image Gradient Prediction. Video, Slides
- EFI-Net: Video Frame Interpolation from Fusion of Events and Frames, and Suppl. mat Video, Slides
- DVS-OUTLAB: A Neuromorphic Event-Based Long Time Monitoring Dataset for Real-World Outdoor Scenarios, Video
- N-ROD: a Neuromorphic Dataset for Synthetic-to-Real Domain Adaptation, Video, Poster
- Lifting Monocular Events to 3D Human Poses. Video, Slides
- A Cortically-inspired Architecture for Event-based Visual Motion Processing: From Design Principles to Real-world Applications. Video, Slides
- Spike timing-based unsupervised learning of orientation, disparity, and motion representations in a spiking neural network, and Suppl mat. Video, Slides
- Feedback control of event cameras. Video
- How to Calibrate Your Event Camera. Project page, Video
- Live Demonstration: Incremental Motion Estimation for Event-based Cameras by Dispersion Minimisation
We thank our reviewers for a thorough review process.
- Event-based / neuromorphic vision.
- Algorithms: visual odometry, SLAM, 3D reconstruction, optical flow estimation, image intensity reconstruction, recognition, stereo depth reconstruction, feature/object detection, tracking, calibration, sensor fusion (video synthesis, visual-inertial odometry, etc.).
- Model-based, embedded, or learning approaches.
- Event-based signal processing, representation, control, bandwidth control.
- Event-based active vision, event-based sensorimotor integration.
- Event camera datasets and/or simulators.
- Applications in: robotics (navigation, manipulation, drones…), automotive, IoT, AR/VR, space science, inspection, surveillance, crowd counting, physics, biology.
- Near-focal plane processing, such as pixel processor arrays - PPAs (e.g., SCAMP sensor).
- Biologically-inspired vision and smart cameras.
- Novel hardware (cameras, neuromorphic processors, etc.) and/or software platforms.
- New trends and challenges in event-based and/or biologically-inspired vision (SNNs, etc.).
- Event-based vision for computational photography.
- A longer list of related topics is available in the table of content of the List of Event-based Vision Resources
- Guillermo Gallego, Technische Universität Berlin and Einstein Center Digital Future, Germany.
- Davide Scaramuzza, University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- Kostas Daniilidis, University of Pennsylvania, USA.
- Cornelia Fermüller, University of Maryland, USA.
- Davide Migliore, Prophesee, France.
This workshop is sponsored by event camera manufacturer
- What is an event camera? Watch this video explanation.
- What are possible applications of event cameras? Check the TPAMI 2020 review paper.
- Where can I buy an event camera? From Inivation, Prophesee, CelePixel, Insightness.
- Are there datasets and simulators that I can play with? Yes, Dataset. Simulator. More.
- Is there any online course about event-based vision? Yes, check this course at TU Berlin.
- What is the SCAMP sensor? Read this page explanation.
- What are possible applications of the scamp sensor? Some applications can be found here.
- Where can I buy a SCAMP sensor? It is not commercially available. Contact Prof. Piotr Dudek.
- Where can I find more information? Check out this List of Event-based Vision Resources.
Upcoming Related Workshops
- 2021 Telluride Neuromorphic workshop. Starting on Sunday June 27th.
Register for free
- ICCV 2021 Tutorial. Introduction to Event Detection Cameras.
Past Related Workshops
- ICRA 2021 Workshop On- and Near-sensor Vision Processing, from Photons to Applications (ONSVP).
- ICRA 2020 Workshop on Sensing, Estimating and Understanding the Dynamic World. Session on Event-based camera companies iniVation and Prophesee.
- CVPR 2019 Second International Workshop on Event-based Vision and Smart Cameras.
- IROS 2018 Workshop on Unconventional Sensing and Processing for Robotic Visual Perception.
- ICRA 2017 First International Workshop on Event-based Vision.
- ICRA 2015 Workshop on Innovative Sensing for Robotics, with focus on Neuromorphic Sensors.
- Event-Based Vision for High-Speed Robotics (slides) IROS 2015, Workshop on Alternative Sensing for Robot Perception.
- The Telluride Neuromorphic Cognition Engineering Workshops.
- Capo Caccia Workshops toward Cognitive Neuromorphic Engineering.