June 19, 2023, Monday. 2nd day of CVPR, Vancouver, Canada.
Starts at 10 am Eastern Time; 4 pm Europe Time.
Held in conjunction with the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2023, as part of the track: CV for non-traditional modalities.
Welcome to the 4th International Workshop on Event-Based Vision!
- Paper submission deadline: March 20, 2023. Submission website (CMT)
- Demo abstract submission: March 20, 2023
- Notification to authors: April 3, 2023
- Camera-ready paper: April 8, 2023 (firm deadline by IEEE)
- Workshop day: June 19, 2023. 2nd day of CVPR. Full day workshop.
- Event-based / neuromorphic vision.
- Algorithms: motion estimation, visual odometry, SLAM, 3D reconstruction, image intensity reconstruction, optical flow estimation, recognition, feature/object detection, visual tracking, calibration, sensor fusion (video synthesis, visual-inertial odometry, etc.).
- Model-based, embedded, or learning-based approaches.
- Event-based signal processing, representation, control, bandwidth control.
- Event-based active vision, event-based sensorimotor integration.
- Event camera datasets and/or simulators.
- Applications in: robotics (navigation, manipulation, drones…), automotive, IoT, AR/VR, space science, inspection, surveillance, crowd counting, physics, biology.
- Biologically-inspired vision and smart cameras.
- Near-focal plane processing, such as pixel processor arrays (PPAs).
- Novel hardware (cameras, neuromorphic processors, etc.) and/or software platforms, such as fully event-based systems (end-to-end).
- New trends and challenges in event-based and/or biologically-inspired vision (SNNs, etc.).
- Event-based vision for computational photography.
- A longer list of related topics is available in the table of content of the List of Event-based Vision Resources
Call for Papers
- Paper submissions must adhere to the CVPR 2023 paper submission style, format and length restrictions. See the author guidelines and template provided by the CVPR 2023 main conference. See also the policy of Dual/Double Submissions of concurrently-reviewed conferences, such as ICCV.
- For demo abstract submission, authors are encouraged to submit an abstract of up to 2 pages using the same template as CVPR 2023 paper submissions.
The tentative schedule is the following:
- Session 1: Event-based cameras and neuromorphic computing (Invited speakers)
- Coffee break
- Session 2: Contributed papers, poster session and demos
- Lunch break
- Session 3: Applications, Algorithms and Architectures (Invited speakers)
- Coffee break
- Session 4: Industrial Session (Invited speakers).
- Award Ceremony and Final Panel Discussion.
- Guillermo Gallego, TU Berlin, Einstein Center Digital Future, Science of Intelligence Excellence Cluster (SCIoI), Germany.
- Davide Scaramuzza, University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- Kostas Daniilidis, University of Pennsylvania, USA.
- Cornelia Fermüller, University of Maryland, USA.
- Davide Migliore, Prophesee, France.
- What is an event camera? Watch this video explanation.
- What are possible applications of event cameras? Check the TPAMI 2022 review paper.
- Where can I buy an event camera? From Inivation, Prophesee, CelePixel, Insightness.
- Are there datasets and simulators that I can play with? Yes, Dataset. Simulator. More.
- Is there any online course about event-based vision? Yes, check this course at TU Berlin.
- What is the SCAMP sensor? Read this page explanation.
- What are possible applications of the scamp sensor? Some applications can be found here.
- Where can I buy a SCAMP sensor? It is not commercially available. Contact Prof. Piotr Dudek.
- Where can I find more information? Check out this List of Event-based Vision Resources.
Past Related Workshops
- MFI 2022 First Neuromorphic Event Sensor Fusion Workshop. Videos
- tinyML Neuromorphic Engineering Forum. Videos
- 2022 Telluride Neuromorphic workshop.
- 2021 Telluride Neuromorphic workshop.
- ICCV 2021 Tutorial. Introduction to Event Detection Cameras.
- CVPR 2021 Third International Workshop on Event-based Vision. Videos
- ICRA 2021 Workshop On- and Near-sensor Vision Processing, from Photons to Applications (ONSVP).
- ICRA 2020 Workshop on Sensing, Estimating and Understanding the Dynamic World. Session on Event-based camera companies iniVation and Prophesee.
- ICRA 2020 Workshop on Unconventional Sensors in Robotics. Videos
- CVPR 2019 Second International Workshop on Event-based Vision and Smart Cameras. Videos
- IROS 2018 Workshop on Unconventional Sensing and Processing for Robotic Visual Perception.
- ICRA 2017 First International Workshop on Event-based Vision. Videos
- ICRA 2015 Workshop on Innovative Sensing for Robotics, with focus on Neuromorphic Sensors.
- Event-Based Vision for High-Speed Robotics (slides) IROS 2015, Workshop on Alternative Sensing for Robot Perception.
- The Telluride Neuromorphic Cognition Engineering Workshops.
- Capo Caccia Workshops toward Cognitive Neuromorphic Engineering.